IEF Administration & Communications Officer
The International Egg Foundation (IEF) is a not-for-profit registered UK Charity which aims to help under-privileged people through improving human nutrition, health and education by supporting the consumption and production of hen eggs globally. Due to team expansion, we have an exciting and fulfilling new position available for a highly skilled individual to execute the delivery of charitable communications and administration.
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the Administration and Communications Officer will have a broad and varied role. You will primarily support the organisation’s charity by providing effective communications and administration to deliver its mission, being responsible for raising awareness of the impact of the IEF’s projects and initiatives to current and potential.
We are seeking a self-motivated, flexible and resilient individual who will have demonstrable experience in providing quality written material and administration. You will have great problem-solving skills, and be able to work on your own initiative, delivering the mission of the organisation.
This home-based role is available on a part-time basis, with a minimum of 15 hours per week required. The successful candidate will be required to travel to one in-person meeting in Shropshire every month. Exact working hours will be open to initial negotiation.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Administration and Communications Officer will be central to the operations of the charity. This role will develop with the needs of the organisation and the below should not be seen as an exhaustive list of responsibilities.
- Promote the IEF’s charitable activities and its projects with regular monitoring, responding and updating activities on social media (Facebook and LinkedIn).
- Produce e-newsletter updates to charity supporters using Mailchimp.
- Day-to-day management of charity website, being responsible for ensuring the website is kept up to date with content and being the key point of contact with the web development agency.
- Write, produce and submit the charity’s annual report and accounts, overseeing the design process with the graphic design agency.
- Production of presentations and programme reports.
- Provide administrative support to the Chief Executive Officer and senior leadership.
- Provide support to ensure smooth running and administration of the charity activities – this may include attending meetings, developing draft agendas and minutes for review, recording and following up actions to completion.
- Maintain donor databases and trustee records.
- Implementation of procedures and administrative systems.
- Co-ordinating travel and visa arrangements.
Your Knowledge and Skills
- Articulate, engaging and accurate communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to communicate confidently and effectively with a wide variety of stakeholders.
- Excellent organisational skills, with the ability to plan, prioritise and manage multiple tasks simultaneously to meet deadlines independently.
- Strong digital communications and IT skills.
- Great attention to detail, particularly regarding visual presentation, grammar, and punctuation.
- Diligent, conscientious, and reliable.
- An interest in the aims of the International Egg Foundation.
- Experience using Mailchimp.
- Experience using Canva design tool.
- Experience using Website CMS (WordPress) and Google Analytics would be an advantage, but full training can be provided.
This position reports to the Chief Executive Officer.
Starting salary of £24,000 – £27,000 full time equivalent
To apply, please send a full CV and covering letter detailing what you can bring to the advertised role to firstname.lastname@example.org by midday on Thursday 8 February, with the job title you are applying for as the subject line.
- Applications must include a covering letter (of no more than 2 sides of A4) and CV
- Please note that incomplete applications will not be considered
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
- Applicants must have the right to work in the UK
Please note we reserve the right to close this advertisement early if we receive a high volume of suitable applications.